I’ve decided to branch out a little with my blogging topics. Hopefully it’ll prompt me to blog a little more often. And maybe not, but it’s worth a shot, right? 🙂 I’ll go ahead and admit–I’m a Pinterest addict. But I think I’ve done a pretty good job of actually trying some of the things I’ve pinned, instead of pinning them and then forgetting about them. One aspect of this that Micah is especially appreciating is my recipe experimentation. 🙂
I first saw this recipe earlier this week and have been really excited about it ever since. When I went grocery shopping Wednesday, I just had to get the stuff so that I could try it. You can find the original post here. Apparently ‘garbage bread’ is just putting stuff on flattened out dough and rolling it in a spiral? I’d never heard the term before. But after tonight, it might be a household term around here. 😉
Here are the ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. olive oil
1 pizza dough
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing sauce
1/3 cup Ranch dressing (or you could use blue cheese)
1. Cut the chicken into cubes and season it with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken once the oil is heated. Cook the chicken thoroughly. Add 1/4 cup of wing sauce and stir the chicken around until it’s completely coated. Let that simmer for a couple of minutes. Then take it off the heat and let it cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 425.
4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. (I actually forgot this step, and it didn’t ruin the outcome.) Roll out your pizza dough. The kind I got was already in a rectangle, so that was convenient. Spread your ranch and the rest of the wing sauce on the dough. Don’t get super close to the edges. I got a little too close, and things got a little messy. Top with the chicken, then the cheese, and a little extra wing sauce if you’re wanting a little more heat. The amount in the recipe was just the right amount of hot for us, so I’m glad I didn’t add anymore. I forgot to take a picture with the chicken and cheese already added, but here it is with the ranch and wing sauce.
5. Now start on one end and roll it over onto itself, making it into a spiral. Make sure you’re tucking the ends under along the way, or else you’ll have a big oozy mess. Mine didn’t turn out as pretty as I expected, but does it ever? lol I was a little nervous about whether it would turn out right or not once I saw the completely rolled-up product. Luckily, it turned out great!
6. Bake it for 20-25 minutes at 425.
The outside turned out perfectly. It wasn’t doughy and wasn’t too crunchy. We were very pleased with it. Now, just slice and serve, maybe with some Ranch dipping sauce. You can never have too much Ranch! 🙂
It was sooooo good. Very cheesy. Just the perfect amount of hot. Micah loved it too. He upgraded it to a weekly meal and demoted his former-favorite meal to bi-weekly. It was definitely a hit, and I’ll most definitely make it again!
If you like buffalo chicken (I’m a HUGE fan!), you really need to try this meal. Like, for real. Do it now. 🙂